If you are in search of a quick, fluffy, gluten-free pancake breakfast, these pumpkin pancakes are a perfect vegan choice on a cool fall morning. These may be free of many things (dairy, eggs, gluten, nuts), but definitely NOT free from flavor!
Sunday brunch during this season will be complete with these quick and delicious Vegan Gluten-free Pumpkin Pancakes. Real maple syrup and vegan chocolate chips are an optional addition to this perfect pancake recipe.
Vegan Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
Vegan Gluten-free Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Gluten-free Flour
- 4 TBSP Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 TBSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Baking powder, aluminum-free
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Oat milk (or non dairy milk), gluten free
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin puree
- 1 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips, vegan and gluten-free
- Mix the dry ingredients above, flour, sugar, spices and baking powder
- Add the milk, puree, and maple syup and mix until blended
- Stir in the chocolate chips, if desired
- Heat griddle pan on low-medium (make sure it does not get too hot) and spray with coconut cooking spray to avoid sticking.
- Pour 1/4 cup small 4 inch pancakes and cook until you start to see "bubbles" in batter, then flip and cook another 3 minutes.
- Top with extra chocolate chips, maple syrup and vegan whipped cream.
The right all-purpose gluten-free multi-purpose flour will help make these pancakes the right consistency of fluffiness. I suggest Bob’s brand of gluten-free flour for all your baking.
To give these pancakes the pumpkin flavor punch that they deserve, I try to use a premium blend of pumpkin spice when I can, but of course any pumpkin pie spice will work.
The key to making these vegan pancakes fluffy is the baking powder. The creamier oat milk can also help keep them moist. Cooking them slow and low will ensure they do not burn, which is why it is important to flip them when the bubbles start to appear on the batter while cooking on the griddle. Feel free to make these pancakes as big or small as you wish, but this recipes makes pancakes about 5 inches in diameter.
Please let me know how this turns out for you and yours! If you would like to add a more tart topping to these pancakes please check out my apple cranberry sauce, to serve on the side.